What Is Right?


Right, the opposite of wrong. The ethical concept that has been the norm of the society since it's birth. But up until now, I still keep questioning myself, "What is right?" 

We had a class discussion once on "The Introduction to Philosophy" and it was all about fate. How there is a right person for us, that will come at the right time and the right place. So is that serendipity or something? I don't think so. I highly disagree with the topic at hand. I may or may not believe in fate of finding your true love, not because I'm bitter but maybe because I'm being more realistic. There's 7.6 billion people in the whole wide world, and I think the idea of finding the actual one for you has about 1 to no chance at being found at all. You may think because you're in love right now that you think your partner is the one for you, but what if the actual person who let's say is "destined" to be yours was far away from you and the fate that you think that has come true is nothing but a lie. You'd live a life assuming that you've found the one but not really finding that person. Yes, there's a right guy/girl, but is he/she THE right guy/girl? 

I still think there's no right time, no right place, and no right person. It's the fact that we are given the chance to choose is right. Everyday, we go through situations where we need to choose, whether it'll be showering during the weekends or going to school on weekdays, we all go through this "stuff"- choosing. And with the choice we choose comes commitment, we hold onto that choice and just hope that the ending or the outcome is at least bearable. And I think that's when the term "Right" comes in. When we go into a situation that results into something that is bearable or good, I think that's what is right. 

So what do you think is right? Comment below. remember, what is stated above is only my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts