Late Night Rambling Sessions 2


This is the second chapter or the continuation to late night rambling sessions. So here is another set of 5 poems that I wrote.

Starry Night

Stars look better through your eyes
And I can't help but stare at them
Though it hurts when I try to look
For your eyes already found someone else

For Real

You were my sanity, my calm sea
But you left and now I'm not who I'm supposed to be
You left a hurricane, a huge storm
A shell of a person who I never wanted to be

I just hope that sooner or later it'll be over
That the flood you've caused turn into puddles
That the shell you've left is inhabited again
That the person you've broken is loved again

And I hope one day I'll see you again
And not feel the same old giddiness I've always felt
Finally get to say the things I should've said before
And after all of these is through, I'll finally move on, for real

Catch

Let's catch each other's glances
And shy away the next second
I will bite my tongue to supress a smile
I will bite my tongue to suppress my feelings

I've always believed that love is the strongest thing in the world
But I also believe that it is the greatest weakness of anyone
It's like a paradise and a nightmare
Like floating for joy but scared of the height you're floating on

And as I look at you again
I'll risk one more time again
I'll go forth and fall into your eyes
And I will love like I was never broken

Home

Sometimes a home isn't
Four walls nor a single roof
Sometimes a home is two
Eyes and a heartbeat

The Things I Gave

I hope that you know
When I give you something
Something you may not even need
I'm giving you a part of me

A part of me that wanted to go with you
A part of me that wanted to know you
A part of me that seeks through your cracks
That seeks through your deepest scar

Remember me when I'm away
When you feel alone and lonely
When you can't take the world no more
When the nights seem to stop turning into mornings

And I'll be there
I promise you
Tie me around your neck
And I will lay where your heart is

Hug me around your body
Tight like you never want to let go
And I will surround you with my warmth
Like pure cotton, like my love

Love me like you love chocolate
Pure and sweet
And I will keep you happy forever
I will stay with you forever

Comments

Popular Posts